Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com

My Favorite Granola


There's a running joke between a group of my old coworkers and me about eating our lunch way before lunchtime (like, sometimes, on the way to work...). When we worked together we'd push each other to make it to 11 (eh, 10:55), and now that we're all at different companies, we start the text thread when we need reinforcements (although lately it's not working that well — last week Kaitlin said "girl, in some parts of the world chicken fried rice is breakfast!").




So, anyway, lunch. Look forward to it, never miss it. In an attempt to eat it a little later, I decided to start drinking more water, since I often hear that when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty. Nope. I'm hungry. So now, in hopes of holding myself over longer, I've been eating heartier breakfasts. That is to say, this granola rocks. It's full of simple, healthy ingredients (most of which we always have on hand), and keeps me full for hours (also, it's so delicious). Even Brian, who typically refuses breakfast, is super into it (my words, but his sentiments!) in parfaits (with our homemade jam ;) I've made a few granola recipes before, but after making a few batches of this one, I think it's by far the best yet.

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup shelled pistachios
1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon kosher salt (*I personally think this is far too much, half will suffice) 
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup dried sour cherries

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pistachios, coconut, pumpkin seeds and salt.

In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the sugar, syrup and olive oil until the sugar has just dissolved, then remove from heat. Fold liquids into the mixture of oats, making sure to coat the dry ingredients well.

Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread granola over it. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35-40 minutes, stirring granola a few times along the way.

Remove granola from the oven, and mix into it the dried sour cherries. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. Makes about six cups.
Terima kasih telah membaca artikel tentang My Favorite Granola di blog Lavietresjolie jika anda ingin menyebar luaskan artikel ini di mohon untuk mencantumkan link sebagai Sumbernya, dan bila artikel ini bermanfaat silakan bookmark halaman ini diwebbroswer anda, dengan cara menekan Ctrl + D pada tombol keyboard anda.

Artikel terbaru :

Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com